Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Current Journey: Operation Crossfit Games

I'm currently training for the 2010 Crossfit Games Sectional Qualifier being held on Sunday March 7, 2010 at The Arnold Sports Festival in Columbus, Ohio.  Up to this point I have been really lax in how I feel about competing in this arena.  I said "up to this point," now, I am starting to get some nerves about the event.  I have not competed in anything since my boxing debut back in April 2003 see my previous post.  I am planning on taking a short break here in the very near future and then ramping up my training leading into the sectional qualifier hoping to peak out at the perfect time.  I have been adding more strength work into my schedule and have also added a lot to my warm up in the form of skill movements.  I've gone heavy a few times in the last week and I feel my strength is pretty good and my metcon ability is strong.  It's going to come down to how the Workouts play out, but I'm definitely gunning for placing in the top 20 and qualifying for the Regional event.  As of last week, there were about 150 men registered for the event, top 10% is my goal.
This is something that I've been thinking of since last spring when I heard about the regionals.  I didn't feel I was ready for competition last year, but solid progress has me excited for this competition in approx. 3 weeks.  The workouts will be posted some time the first week of March, and that will give me a few days to dial in the movements that are going to be required.  I'm hoping for a good combination of bodyweight movements and heavy lifting.  I guess I'll just have to prepare for the "unknown" these next couple of weeks.
Below is a little video I saw on Derby City Crossfit that I liked.  It is true that success has 1 denominator:  How hard you train and prepare for game day.  NO EXCUSES JUST HARD WORK.




No comments:

Post a Comment